Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Survey

This is going to be somewhat disconnected and stream of consciousness...my thoughts are somewhat scattered.

I just received an "opinion poll" call that confused the hell out of me. All questions asked were terribly polarizing. Do you classify yourself as Republican or Democrat? Ummm...Neutral? Liberal on social issues, more capitalist, but classically liberal. Anyway, I really don't like parties. Call me a wall flower.

Bleh. And the other questions are so vague: Do you support cutting funding for the needy, mentally ill, blind, etc etc. I really don't know what programs you're talking about. Sounds kinda harsh, but I don't know what kind of funding and what type of programs are being provided. They could be getting unnecessary care. Free tickets to Disneyland and limo rides to work. I really don't know.

How do I feel about California's budget problems? $42b in the hole sounds pretty bad to me. I guess I'd say, fucked? What do you think should be done? Get some competent people in office. Maybe have some sort of experience qualification. Arnold? Get him out. Require citizens to invest in this country. Let's take some of our debt on ourselves. Then maybe we'll start to care.

I really don't have any answers. I just trade and go to school.

Maybe in a few years, but I can guarantee the answers won't be summed up in a sentence. And they probably won't fit into a survey...

5 comments:

James Krieger said...

Like you, I'm mostly an independent issue-based voter who varies in his views depending on the issue. I hate how dichotomized our political system is. I can't stand political parties...they destroy independent thought.

ryan said...

completely agree with you.

Anonymous said...

Ry, I'll buy you a beer or three when you're in San Diego. I agree, CA is fu@#ed, but I fear it is an unsolvable problem. Getting Arnold out will just be moving a bit of dirt to a corner of a room that is already filthy. I truly think he meant well, like Grey Davis before him. Not so sure about our legislature, however. I think they are a bunch of clowns, one and all. And I'm not so sure about the business community, either. Or the social organizations. Or the city councils and mayors. I think we as a state are...well, I already said it. I'm moving out as soon as I can.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to include the unions. And I will probably think of more groups before I sleep.

ryan said...

Haha. You could probably come up with a whole list, maybe even including me and you =P

Heh. Take care.